air pollution, definition of
- Air Pollution
The release of a substance (usually a gas when referring to the subject of climate change) into the atmosphere.
News & Blog articles where 'air pollution' used:
- Air pollution from US meat production causes 16,000 deaths annually
A recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has revealed that over 16,000 Americans die each year as a result of air pollution caused by meat production and related agricultural practices...
- UK banks’ support for coal industry has risen since 2015 Paris climate pact
Lenders including Barclays and HSBC provided services and loans worth £21.9bn in 2019
- Crusoe Energy is tackling energy use for cryptocurrencies and data centers and greenhouse gas emissions
The two founders of Crusoe Energy think they may have a solution to two of the largest problems facing the planet today — the increasing energy footprint of the tech industry and the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the natural gas industry...
- Los Angeles gets an F in air quality
As more people are vaccinated and start to put the pandemic behind them, life gets a little more normal. Restaurants reopen, people get together with a few friends and Los Angeles' notorious air quality gets back to its nasty self. As far as ozone pollution...
- Can paint eat smog? Volkswagen thinks so.
People in cities like London, Cardiff, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham and Bristol may notice a new series of Volkswagen ads being painted on exterior walls of buildings...
- Biden’s pledge to slash US emissions turns spotlight on China
World leaders will be unable to halt climate breakdown without strong action from biggest emitter
- 'It's hard, we're neighbours': the coalmine polluting friendships on Poland's borders
Czechs and Germans who live in the shadow of the vast Turów mine claim it is an environmental menace. Some in Poland want to weaponise its defence
- With drop in LA’s vehicular aerosol pollution, vegetation emerges as major source
California's restrictions on vehicle emissions have been so effective that in at least one urban area, Los Angeles, the most concerning source of dangerous aerosol pollution may well be trees and other green plants, according to a new study by University...
- The planet cannot survive our remorseless pursuit of profit | Owen Jones
Oil companies knew 50 years ago the huge damage they were doing. Their motive to ignore it is the same now as it was then
- Oil firms knew decades ago fossil fuels posed grave health risks, files reveal
Exclusive: documents seen by Guardian show companies fought clean-air rules despite being aware of harm caused by air pollution
Related Tags: pollution, environmentSearch the Web for Air Pollution
What is air pollution?
air pollution definition.
About air pollution.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.