Definitions - v
This is the process used to create biochar.
Search the Web for Ventilation
- Search the Web for Vermicomposting
- Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
- Search the Web for Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
- Vertical-axis Wind Turbine
- Search the Web for Vertical-axis Wind Turbine
- Search the Web for Vicariance
- Search the Web for Virga
- Virgin Materials
Resources extracted from nature in their raw form, such as timber or metal ore.Search the Web for Virgin Materials
- Virgin Paper
- Search the Web for Virgin Paper
- Volatile Organic Compounds
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) , are carcinogens found in paint, finishes, synthetic foams, fabrics and stains. Most labels should indicate if something has low or zero VOCs.Search the Web for Volatile Organic Compounds
- Voltage Drop
The voltage lost along a length of wire or a conductor due to the internal resistance of that conductor. The voltage drop is calculated using Ohms Law.
Search the Web for Voltage Drop
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.