air pollution, definition of
- Air Pollution
Clean Energy is energy which is produced without a negative impact on the environment. Essentially it is neutral in its production of pollution and its consumption of resources.News & Blog articles where 'air pollution' used:
- Smart buildings, AI key to uni's bold plan to be carbon neutral by 2029
La Trobe University wants to reach a zero emissions target within 10 years to try to be Victoria's first carbon-neutral tertiary facility.
- Improving air quality in Europe could reduce asthma cases for children
Asthma among children — close to 67,000 new cases — is hitting home in 18 European countries because of small particulates contaminating the air, according to a new report...
- Commercial Space Ride Secured for NASA’s New Air Pollution Sensor
From NASA July 22, 2019 RELEASE 19-050 NASA’s Tropospheric Emissions: Monitoring of Pollution (TEMPO) instrument will provide near-real-time North American air quality information that will be available to the public...
- Giant totems in Poland warn against climate change catastrophe
In the heart of Poznań, Poland, artist Alicja Biała and architect Iwo Borkowicz have installed Totemy, a series of giant sculptures designed to raise awareness about climate change and environmental issues...
- Air pollution may decrease eggs in women's ovaries
Air pollution doesn’t only affect your lungs as new research suggests air quality may also be linked to a decrease in the number of eggs in women’s ovaries...
- Action on air pollution works but far more is needed, study shows
UK’s dirty air still ‘a public health emergency’ despite dramatic fall in death rates
- New sensor precisely measures air pollution
Scientists agree that air pollution shortens the lives of many Europeans every year, but they have a hard time accurately measuring it. Now, thanks to new sensor technology developed at Sweden’s Chalmers University of Technology, pinpointing air pollution...
- Climate crisis: aviation industry hears clamour for electric planes
Shift from fossil fuels top of agenda for Paris air show, industry having lagged behind other sectors
- Google offers new treasure trove of air quality data to researchers
Google has employed its network of street-view vehicles to also measure street-level air quality in recent years, through an initiative it calls “Project Air View.” Today, it’s making available to scientists and researcher organizations...
- How to celebrate World Environment Day
Today, June 5, is World Environment Day! There are many ways that you can celebrate today, and you can use the celebration as a start to building more healthy, environmentally friendly habits...
Related Tags: pollution, environmentSearch the Web for Air Pollution
What is air pollution?
air pollution definition.
About air pollution.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.