air pollution, definition of
- Air Pollution
- News & Blog articles where 'air pollution' used:
- Pollutionwatch: Africa increases its reliance on fossil fuels
Continent is embarking on a huge expansion of power stations, most of which will burn coal
- To reduce air pollution, New Delhi restricts cars to alternate days on the road
Air pollution in New Delhi has reached its worst levels this year, prompting the Indian government to legislate for a two-week rationing of private car usage...
- Research finds heart attacks and strokes surge on high pollution days in England
A new study published by King’s College London (KCL) reports that elevated levels of air pollution contribute to increased spikes in cardiac arrests, stroke admissions and asthma hospitalizations...
- EEA reports poor air quality caused premature deaths of 400,000 Europeans in 2016
Coal-fired power plants, vehicle-clogged highways and fossil-fuel spewing factories have contributed to the growing European air pollution dilemma. Industries, households and vehicles all emit dangerous pollutants that are harmful to human health. Indeed,...
- Oil firms to pour extra 7m barrels per day into markets, data shows
Projected production surge in next 12 years to be led by Shell despite climate crisis
- Fight the power: why climate activists are suing Europe’s biggest coal plant
Future of Poland’s Bełchatów power station under scrutiny as grassroots groups and NGOs take radical action
- For 2019, the 10 worst cities for air quality are in California and Arizona
Since the enactment of the Clean Air Act in 1970, there has been growing awareness for the importance of good air quality in American cities. Air quality plays a significant role with health and sustainable living. The American College of Sports Medicine...
- Smart buildings, AI key to uni's bold plan to be carbon neutral by 2029
La Trobe University wants to reach a zero emissions target within 10 years to try to be Victoria's first carbon-neutral tertiary facility.
- Improving air quality in Europe could reduce asthma cases for children
Asthma among children — close to 67,000 new cases — is hitting home in 18 European countries because of small particulates contaminating the air, according to a new report...
- Commercial Space Ride Secured for NASA’s New Air Pollution Sensor
From NASA July 22, 2019 RELEASE 19-050 NASA’s Tropospheric Emissions: Monitoring of Pollution (TEMPO) instrument will provide near-real-time North American air quality information that will be available to the public...
Related Tags: pollution, environmentSearch the Web for Air Pollution
What is air pollution?
air pollution definition.
About air pollution.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.