community solar, definition of
- Community Solar
This is a solar power plant whose electricity is shared by more than one household. Often framed as an alternative to rooftop solar. It is also known as a solar garden or a shared renewable energy plant.
News & Blog articles where 'community solar' used:
- Construction begins on 44 MW community solar portfolio in Maine
The Biden administration has set a target of powering 5 million American homes with community solar projects by 2025-- an ambition that would require 700% growth of current capacity.
- Biden admin targets 700% community solar growth by 2025
The Biden administration believes reaching its community solar target could create $1 billion in energy savings.
- Ohio bill emphasizes jobs and justice on path to 100% clean energy by 2050
A bill for cutting carbon emissions calls for equity in job training and transition programs, an office of energy justice, increased oversight, and curbs on utility influence over regulators.
- Solar project helps to reclaim site of notorious Boston-area toxic waste case
A cluster of cancer cases in Woburn, Massachusetts, in the 1980s prompted a major pollution lawsuit that eventually inspired a book and subsequent movie. Now, a community solar project is bringing “new, positive life” to the site.
- Dominion Energy proposes its largest expansion of solar and energy storage
Dominion Energy has informed Virginia regulators of its plan to add 11 utility-scale solar projects, two small-scale distributed solar projects, one solar+storage project, and one stand-alone energy storage project.
- Seeking solar power for all Puerto Rican homes
Residents of Puerto Rico are ready for energy democracy. Specifically, a resilient, renewable electricity system with equitably shared benefits.
- New York activates its largest opt-out 100% renewable energy program
New York's largest program automatically providing residents with 100% locally sources renewable energy has been activated in Rochester.
- The policies that could send the global rooftop solar market to 2,000 GW
The global rooftop solar market has the potential to exceed 2,000 GW of generation and 1,000 GWh of energy storage by 2050 through careful policy design, according to a new report.
- Illinois passes binding 100% clean energy bill
The Illinois legislature gave final approval Monday to a bill that sets the state on a path to 100% carbon-free power by 2045.
- OYA Solar building six community solar projects in New York State
The projects are expected to generate approximately 895,000 MWh of power and offset 699,000 tons of carbon dioxide over their 25-year operation.
Related Tags: solar panel, grid, solarSearch the Web for Community Solar
What is community solar?
community solar definition.
About community solar.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.