fuel cell, definition of
- Fuel Cell
A cell producing an electric current direct from a chemical reaction.News & Blog articles where 'fuel cell' used:
- Future Teslas will have batteries that double as structure, making them extra stiff while improving efficiency, safety and cost
Tesla has fundamentally redesigned the way that its battery packs integrate into their vehicles, turning them into structural elements of the car, rather than just fuel sources on their own...
- Futurism: The Hydrogen Economy
Guest future-izing by David Middleton The concept of hydrogen fuel cells (FC) has been very promising for many decades. From an infrastructure standpoint, transitioning from internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to FC seems far more rational than...
- Scientists create efficient fuel cell powered by solid carbon
Researchers at Idaho National Laboratory (INL) have created a new fuel cell that generates clean, efficient electricity using solid carbon sources like coal and biomass...
- Toyota’s ‘Fine-Comfort Ride’ fuel cell concept aims for long-range flexibility
Toyota is debuting a new concept vehicle for the forthcoming Tokyo Motor Show, and it’s a fuel cell vehicle that’s designed to get around 1,000 km (around 621 miles) on a single hydrogen pack that can be refuelled in about 3 minutes...
- GM to introduce two new all-electric cars by 2019 in path to zero emissions
GM today announced a strategy to eventually deliver a zero emission product line across all its segments, though it didn’t put a specific timeline on when it would achieve that goal...
- Nano aluminium offers fuel cells on demand – just add water
From New Scientist Hydrogen could provide an alternative to battery power Tomohiro Ohsumi/Getty By David Hambling The accidental discovery of a novel aluminium alloy that reacts with water in a highly unusual way may be the first step to reviving the...
- 2017 Honda Clarity fuel cell vehicle is ready for the mainstream
Fuel-cell vehicles are still pretty foreign to most of us, especially if you live outside of California. Automakers like General Motors, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda have been working on the technology for decades, but we’ve yet to see a model that could...
- GM and Honda partner to mass produce hydrogen fuel cells in Michigan
Automakers GM and Honda are teaming up on a new venture to jointly manufacture hydrogen fuel cells at scale, with plans to start mass production by 2020 and a combined investment of $85 million split evenly between the two companies dedicated to...
- San Francisco nabs significant federal funding for hydrogen and fuel cell efforts
San Francisco's embrace of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies for local transportation just got a big boost from the federal government. The Energy Department's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) will direct nearly $4.5 million...
Related Tags: flow battery, battery technology, fuel cell, electric carsSearch the Web for Fuel Cell
What is fuel cell?
fuel cell definition.
About fuel cell.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.