kyoto protocol, definition of
- Kyoto Protocol
International treaty whose aim is to stem global warming, signed in 1997 following negotiations within the U.N.EcoWho Articles where 'kyoto protocol' used:News & Blog articles where 'kyoto protocol' used:
1997, around 180 nations signed a treaty in Japan, under which 38 industrialized countries committed themselves to reducing emissions of
the six greenhouse gases
blamed for global warming. The Kyoto Protocol stipulates that, between
2008 and 2012, these emissions should be decreased to an average level
5.2% lower than that of 1990.
Search the Web for Kyoto Protocol
- Until recently, pressure on Australia to drop carryover credits had little impact. But times change | Richard Denniss
As Australia worries about the growing influence of China, we need the help of Europe and the US more than ever
- China as Climate Change Saviour: The Triumph of Hope Over Experience?
Credulous Western environmentalists and government officials expect China to play a lead role in “combating” climate change, especially since President Trump withdrew the US from the Paris Agreement...
- Why Prolong the Pain? Countries Must End Harmful Allegiance to Paris Agreement
The United Nations’ (UN) collective decision, under the Framework Convention on Climate Change, to wage war on fossil fuels required a draconian energy policy...
- How vested interests tried to turn the world against climate science
For decades fossil fuel majors tried to fight the consensus – just as big tobacco once disputed that smoking kills
- Industry backs NSW call for Morrison government to require emissions cut
Australian Industry Group says an emissions reduction obligation in national policy is ‘vastly superior’ to separate state schemes
- Australia to claim success on climate target, with help of accounting rules
Analysis indicates Australia’s ability to show it has met the requirements for its 2020 emissions target will make the challenges more difficult in the years ahead
- Obama committed to climate deal, despite Republican attempts to weaken his position
In the days leading up to the Paris climate talks, Republicans in the Senate are attempting to throw a wrench in President Obama’s efforts to protect the environment from further drastic effects of climate change...
- India's climate pledge rests on green growth story
Renewable energy is changing the country’s dynamic, turning lives around and allowing people to be part of the green growth story. This is the basis of its climate commitments ahead of crucial talks in Paris, reports India Today
- United Nations climate conference tells business: support us on climate change
By Steve Goreham Originally published in The Washington Times Business must lobby governments to fight climate change, according to the United Nations. On November 14th as part of the current Warsaw climate conference, the UN issued a new report titled,...
- COP-19 Climate Change Conference Kicks Off This Week in Warsaw, Poland
Photo of polar bear via Shutterstock The "Last Chance" 2015 International Climate Agreement Two years ago at Durban, South Africa, countries at COP-17 ended climate talks with a promise to create a new global pact to fight greenhouse gases by 2015.
What is kyoto protocol?
kyoto protocol definition.
About kyoto protocol.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.