kyoto protocol, definition of
- Kyoto Protocol
International treaty whose aim is to stem global warming, signed in 1997 following negotiations within the U.N.EcoWho Articles where 'kyoto protocol' used:News & Blog articles where 'kyoto protocol' used:
1997, around 180 nations signed a treaty in Japan, under which 38 industrialized countries committed themselves to reducing emissions of
the six greenhouse gases
blamed for global warming. The Kyoto Protocol stipulates that, between
2008 and 2012, these emissions should be decreased to an average level
5.2% lower than that of 1990.
Search the Web for Kyoto Protocol
- Climate Change Weekly #465: [Fill in the Blank Climate Crisis] Season Is Here
Climate realists should gird their loins in preparation for the pending onslaught of stories in the mainstream media proclaiming this or that seasonal weather event is being enhanced by anthropogenic climate change to some degree somehow or other.
- Washington Post: “Less warming, but worse impacts on the planet”
“People are already dying of climate change right now” - but "accelerating solar and wind" will save us from "the most severe climate change scenarios".
- “THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE GOOD FOR ENRON STOCK!!” (Enron’s Kyoto memo turns 25)
Dated December 12, 1997, it was written from Kyoto, Japan, by Enron lobbyist John Palmisano in the afterglow of the Kyoto Protocol agreement.
- “THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE GOOD FOR ENRON STOCK!!” (Enron’s Kyoto memo turns 24)
If implemented, this agreement will do more to promote Enron’s business than will almost any other regulatory initiative outside of restructuring of the energy and natural gas industries in Europe and the United States.
- Until recently, pressure on Australia to drop carryover credits had little impact. But times change | Richard Denniss
As Australia worries about the growing influence of China, we need the help of Europe and the US more than ever
- China as Climate Change Saviour: The Triumph of Hope Over Experience?
Credulous Western environmentalists and government officials expect China to play a lead role in “combating” climate change, especially since President Trump withdrew the US from the Paris Agreement...
- Why Prolong the Pain? Countries Must End Harmful Allegiance to Paris Agreement
The United Nations’ (UN) collective decision, under the Framework Convention on Climate Change, to wage war on fossil fuels required a draconian energy policy...
- How vested interests tried to turn the world against climate science
For decades fossil fuel majors tried to fight the consensus – just as big tobacco once disputed that smoking kills
- Industry backs NSW call for Morrison government to require emissions cut
Australian Industry Group says an emissions reduction obligation in national policy is ‘vastly superior’ to separate state schemes
- Australia to claim success on climate target, with help of accounting rules
Analysis indicates Australia’s ability to show it has met the requirements for its 2020 emissions target will make the challenges more difficult in the years ahead
What is kyoto protocol?
kyoto protocol definition.
About kyoto protocol.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.