photosynthesis, definition of
- EcoWho Articles where 'photosynthesis' used:
News & Blog articles where 'photosynthesis' used:
- Whats the fuss about Biochar?
Biochar - what is it? This article explains what biochar is and how it will help us with carbon capture and improving the soil.
Search the Web for Photosynthesis
- Rice genetically engineered to resist heat waves can also produce up to 20% more grain
From Science Mag By Erik Stokstad Apr. 21, 2020 , 1:10 PM … “This is exciting news,” says Maria Ermakova of Australian National University, who works on improving photosynthesis. The genetic modification worked in three kinds of plants—a mustard...
- Precipitation will be essential for plants to counteract global warming
New study first to demonstrate that the balance between soil water and energy input into an ecosystem determines whether its plant growth is limited by precipitation or by temperature Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied ScienceShare Print E-Mail...
- Study identifies new temperature sensing mechanism in plants
Phytochrome foci have different behaviors at different temperatures and types of light University of California – Riverside A protein called phytochrome B, which can sense light and temperature, triggers plant growth and controls flowering time...
- On Mars or Earth, biohybrid can turn carbon dioxide into new products
Bacteria on nanowires convert sunlight, carbon dioxide and water to organic building blocks University of California – Berkeley If humans ever hope to colonize Mars, the settlers will need to manufacture on-planet a huge range of organic compounds,...
- Scientists get closer to artificial photosynthesis for renewable energy
Scientists at Berkeley Lab are getting close to a long-held goal of using artificial photosynthesis to generate renewable energy from the carbon dioxide in our atmosphere...
- Carbon Sequestration
Guest post by Rud Istvan, As most WUWT readers know, the issue of carbon sequestration is an important but largely IPCC undiscussed ‘anthropogenic global warming’ question...
- ‘Artificial leaf’ successfully produces clean gas
From Techxplore by University of Cambridge A widely-used gas that is currently produced from fossil fuels can instead be made by an ‘artificial leaf’ that uses only sunlight, carbon dioxide and water, and which could eventually be used to...
- Earth system models underestimate carbon fixation by plants in the high latitudes
From Nature Communications. Abstract Most Earth system models agree that land will continue to store carbon due to the physiological effects of rising CO2 concentration and climatic changes favoring plant growth in temperature-limited regions. But they...
- A greenhouse is transformed into an experimental living space in Taiwan
Taipei-based design practice BIAS Architects recently completed “Greenhouse as a Home,” an experimental installation that reinterprets the living areas of a traditional house as five climatic zones...
- New photosynthesis machine is twice as efficient at creating hydrogen fuel
Researchers at the University of Michigan and McGill University in Montreal have created a device that uses sunlight to efficiently split fresh or salt water into hydrogen that may be used in fuel cells...
What is photosynthesis?
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.