residential solar, definition of
- Residential Solar
Residential Solar is where Solar power is installed by a home owner to reduce their dependence on the grid and thereby reduce their ongoing electricity costs.News & Blog articles where 'residential solar' used:
- BBC: Solar panels: Thousands of customers complain
D’oh! Robert Skillen, who was the director of the firm when Mr Thompson bought his system, said Mr Thompson’s panels would make him money. Mr Skillen is now in business claiming to help people who have been missold solar panels. He did not want...
- New 3 in 1 Roof solar tiles power your house for half the price of a Tesla roof
Tesla is getting all the attention when it comes to solar roofs, but some competitors out there are innovating in ways that even Elon Musk hasn't thought of...
- Tesla's Powerwall faces stiff competition from other energy storage products
While Tesla's Powerwall may be the most well-known residential solar energy storage system, it's not the only one - and it's facing increased competition. Nearly all major residential solar companies are now developing a similar household energy storage...
- Tesla's Powerwall faces stiff competition from several other storage products
While Tesla's Powerwall may be the most well-known example of residential solar energy storage systems, it is not the only one and is facing increased competition...
- All-black solar panel achieves groundbreaking 19.4% efficiency
California-based Solaria has designed a sleek, all-black solar panel with an efficiency of up to 19.4 percent. The company manufactures products with less space between the monocrystalline silicon solar cells for better efficiency than conventional solar...
- All-black solar panel from California achieves groundbreaking 19.4% efficiency
California-based Solaria has designed a sleek, all-black solar panel with more than just a pretty face. The company manufactures products with less space between the monocrystalline silicon solar cells for better efficiency than conventional solar panels,...
- New Enphase solar inverters could power homes without batteries even if the grid goes down
Most residential solar energy inverters shut off for safety reasons if the grid powers down - something that happened in Florida after Hurricane Irma. But Enphase Energy is developing inverters that allow a home to continue to be powered by solar if the...
- Tesla dumps high capacity Powerwall as it gears up for Mark II release
When Tesla CEO Elon Musk first unveiled the company’s home battery system, Powerwall, clean energy advocates literally jumped up and down with joy. The battery system was intended to store grid energy for use during blackouts, but it was also predicted...
- Google investing $300 million in SolarCity to finance 25,000 residential solar installations
Installing solar panels on your home just makes sense; they turn empty space into green power. One thing stopping some from taking the plunge could be the cost of installing a system, but Google recently announced big plans to help make solar more much...
- Infographic: What the net-zero homes of the future will look like
While previously the purview of a very niche/expensive housing market, net-zero homes are quickly becoming both an economically sound and sustainable proposal...
Related Tags: solar, solar powerSearch the Web for Residential Solar
What is residential solar?
residential solar definition.
About residential solar.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.