Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, definition of
- Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
A wind generator design where the rotating shaft is perpendicular to the
ground, and the cups or blades rotate parallel to the ground.
News & Blog articles where 'Vertical Axis Wind Turbine' used:
- Urban Green Energy Unveils Next Generation Vertical Axis VisionAIR3 Wind Turbine
Leading renewable energy provider Urban Green Energy (UGE) just announced their latest cutting-edge vertical axis wind turbine, the VisionAIR3. The result of more than a year of testing and research, the new turbine reportedly offers "greater durability...
- Urban Green Energy (UGE) Unveils Next Generation Vertical Axis VisionAIR3 Wind Turbine
One of the world's leading renewable energy providers Urban Green Energy (UGE) has announced the release of their latest cutting-edge vertical axis wind turbine, the VisionAIR3...
- VIDEO: Inhabitat Interviews Janine Benyus, Author and Founder of Biomimicry 3.8
In 1997, biologist and innovation consultant Janine Benyus, released her first book Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature. In this publication she coined the term 'biomimicry' and laid the groundwork for an emerging discipline that looks for innovative
- McCamley’s Solar Wind Turbine Generates Energy From the Wind and Sun
Like peanut butter and jelly or chips and dip, some things were just meant to go together. A team from the University of Bath in collaboration with SME McCamley Middle East Ltd has developed a new wind turbine that they claim will overcome many of the...
- New VisionAIR Vertical Axis Wind Turbine to Debut at Beijing International Garden Expo
Alternative energy company Urban Green Energy (UGE) has announced the launch of its new vertical axis wind turbine, the VisionAIR. The turbine was the result of over a year of dedicated testing at UGE’s research and development facility and according...
- World’s First Floating Wind-Current Turbine to be Installed Off Japanese Coast
Offshore wind farms and tidal energy facilities harness the power of the wind and the ocean - but why should we have separate turbines for each task? Offshore technology company Mitsui is developing a hybrid wind-current power generating system that combines
- The Whirlers: A Colorful Wind Turbine Installation for Fresh Kills Park
Whirlers is project by Caterina Tiazzoldi and Eduardo Benamor Duarte that proposes building a large cluster of colorful wind turbines at Fresh Kills Park in Staten Island...
- Phipps Conservatory’s Net-Zero Center for Sustainable Landscapes Opens Next Month
Read the rest of Phipps Conservatory’s Net-Zero Center for Sustainable Landscapes Opens Next Month Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg Post tags: Andropogon, cjl engineering, constructed wetlands, design alliance architects, green buildings...
- Tower of Power is a Wind Energy-Generating Skyscraper for Taiwan
Read the rest of Tower of Power is a Wind Energy-Generating Skyscraper for Taiwan Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg Post tags: eco design, eco skyscraper, eco tower, green architecture, Green Building, green design, landmark tower, mini...
- Location location, location: Wind Turbine Power Output Increased 10x
Wind Turbine power output is increased ten-fold by careful spacing, and direction of rotation, when compared to existing best practices. Click image for video surveyGuest post by Roger E. Sowell Summary: A new study from CalTech shows that wind-turbine...
Related Tags: wind power, wind farm, wind turbine, wind turbines, wind energySearch the Web for Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
What is Vertical Axis Wind Turbine?
Vertical Axis Wind Turbine definition.
About Vertical Axis Wind Turbine.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.