biodiversity, definition of
- EcoWho Articles where 'biodiversity' used:
News & Blog articles where 'biodiversity' used:
- Eco Tourism, how to minimise your effects
Eco tourism is about enjoying remote places and destinations whilst minimising your environmental or cultural impact. This article goes into some detail on this subject.
- Green Christmas, is it possible?
Christmas and being green don't often go together, we provide advice on reducing your environmental impact to be more Green for Christmas.
- Carbon-neutral, prefab development targets sustainable urbanism for Rotterdams Rijnhaven area
In a bid to revitalize the area of Rijnhaven, a Rotterdam port dating back to 1895, Blueroom and Urban Crossovers have designed a proposal for a new, mixed-use development that could serve as a leading example of sustainable urbanism...
- MVRDV to transform Seouls concrete-dominated waterfront into a vibrant, green oasis
Seoul has announced yet another inspiring eco-oriented urban project — a waterfront revitalization scheme designed by Dutch firm MVRDV. Dubbed “The Weaves,” the new public space will transform the Tancheon Valley and a portion of the waterfront...
- This private island resort in Panama promises sustainable luxury
Just off the western Pacific shore of Panama lies Isla Palenque, a private island sanctuary with nearly 400 acres of lush jungle and a luxury resort that prides itself on low-impact living...
- 2040 review – an optimist's guide to saving the world
Damon Gameau’s likable documentary charts the ways we tackle a climate emergency, from solar power to progressive farming
- Stefano Boeri will revitalize Genoa with sustainable energy-producing urban design
A Stefano Boeri Architetti-led design team has won a competition to design a new urban project to transform the Polcevera valley in Genoa, Italy into a beacon of sustainability...
- Protecting the planet for future generations | Letters
John Bird outlines his new bill to tackle the climate crisis, academics call for protection of tropical habitats and Ahmad O Al-Khowaiter defends Saudi Aramco’s record...
- Ski atop the worlds cleanest waste-to-energy plant in Copenhagen
Six years after breaking ground, CopenHill — a waste-to-energy plant topped with a year-round ski slope — is officially open, marking a major milestone in Copenhagen’s journey to becoming the world’s first carbon-neutral city by 2025...
- More than half of Europes native trees face extinction
Europe’s endemic trees are threatened by extinction, states a recent International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) assessment on biodiversity. The unfortunate decline is due to the combination of three paramount factors: problematic invasive...
- Largest nature reserve in Niger threatened by oil development
One of the largest nature reserves on continental Africa may soon be destroyed by the China National Petroleum Corporation in the name of oil exploration and economic development...
- A native meadow green roof camouflages a low-impact Hamptons home
When a husband and wife purchased five acres of bluff top property overlooking the Peconic Bay in the Hamptons, they knew from the beginning that landscape preservation would be a major focus of their future home...
Related Tags: environmentSearch the Web for Biodiversity
What is biodiversity?
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.