Carbon Footprint, definition of
- Carbon Footprint
Carbon is the chemical element with symbol C and atomic
number 6. As a member of group 14 on the periodic table, it is nonmetallic
and tetravalent—making four electrons available to
form covalent chemical
bonds. There are three naturally occurring isotopes, with 12C
being stable, while 14C is radioactive, decaying with a half-life
of about 5730 years.
Carbon is one of the few
elements known since antiquity.
The name "carbon" comes from Latin language carbo, coal.EcoWho Articles where 'Carbon Footprint' used:
See the full entry on wikipedia
EcoWho blog posts where 'Carbon Footprint' used:News & Blog articles where 'Carbon Footprint' used:
- Michael Jackson and his Green legacy
The King of Pop is dead - but what is his Green legacy? In this article we have a look at what he has really done for the world and its environment.
- Vaayu’s carbon tracking for retailers raises $1.6M, claims it could cut CO2 in half by 2030
Carbon tracking is very much the new hot thing in tech, and we’ve previously covered more generalist startups doing this at scale for companies, such as Plan A Earth out of Berlin...
- Cutting out carbon emitters with bioengineering at XTC Global Finals on July 22
Bioengineering may soon provide compelling, low-carbon alternatives in industries where even the best methods produce significant emissions. Utilizing natural and engineered biological process has led to low-carbon textiles from AlgiKnit, cell-cultured...
- Guardian: Mass Immigration is Easing the Transition to a Climate Friendly Low Birthrate Future
The Guardian thinks immigrants will be happy to take care of the old folk in rich countries who chose not to have kids. Or maybe robots will sort it all out.
- BrightAction is a fun, interactive way to minimize your carbon footprint
News and promotions around the topics of sustainability, energy consumption, waste, water shortages, plastic and other environmental causes can become overwhelming in a sea of headlines and expectations. A new platform called BrightAction takes all that...
- MIT unveils a new action plan to tackle the climate crisis
Using the campus as a living testbed, the Institute has studied every aspect of its operations to assess their climate impacts, including heating and cooling, electricity, lighting, materials, and transportation...
- Rise of the Climate Change Stinkies: NYT Wants you to Shower Less and Stop Using Toilet Paper
The New York Times is praising the efforts of low carbon pioneers who reject personal hygiene to save the planet from Covid-19 and Climate Change.
- These custom, igloo-shaped workspaces are 3D-printed with recycled PET
ArchiTech Company in the Netherlands has designed a 3D-printed, modular pavilion using waste from the local port industry. Known as R-IGLO, the igloo-like workspaces represent a completely circular design made from recycled PET plastic that can be reused...
- Boasting a pedigree in business intelligence, Sweep launches a new carbon accounting and offset tool
If businesses are going to meet their increasingly aggressive targets for reducing the greenhouse gas emissions associated with their operations, they’re going to have to have an accurate picture of just what those emissions look like...
- Music Industry Demands Funding So They Can Stop Climate Change by Eliminating Live Tours
They would also like an effort to "nurture local artists", to reduce the influence of foreign artists, so fans are less tempted to fly overseas to see live concerts.
- This BREEAM office is a reconstructable wooden cathedral to nature
Last year, Triodos Bank welcomed its newest office, a green-roofed circular building that raises the bar for sustainable architecture. Designed by Amsterdam-based firm RAU Architects in collaboration with Dutch interior design firm Ex Interiors, the new...
Related Tags: climate, climate change, environmentSearch the Web for Carbon Footprint
What is Carbon Footprint?
Carbon Footprint definition.
About Carbon Footprint.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.