green house, definition of
- Green House
A 'green house' used to just refer to a building with lots of glass designed to trap heat for the purpose of growing plants. Nowadays it also refers to a home that has been specially designed to follow 'green' design principals by reducing energy consumption and damage to the environment.
News & Blog articles where 'green house' used:
- Australian beachfront Willow Home boasts solar panels and rainwater collection
An Australian oceanfront home combines modern style with the natural landscape with three different “zones” which can be closed off to save energy or seamlessly opened up to invite the beach vibes inside...
- This home is a small timber cottage on the inside and an automated concrete monolith on the outside
You wouldn't think it, but this modern suburban home located in Melbourne, Australia, was once a small timber cottage. Dubbed "Green House", the structure is topped with a roof made completely of automated aluminium sunscreens that allow natural light...
- Contemporary Bedford Park House modestly hides its many green features
The Bedford Park House’s modest and traditional appearance—the house matches the scale, setback, and exterior brick-and-wood detailing of its neighbors—belies its many impressive sustainable features...
- Rammed Earth Thornbury House Updates a Classic Bungalow in Australia
The owners of the Thornbury bungalow tasked Steffen Welsch Architects to create a more sustainable home that met their family's needs. The original home that faces the street was relegated to contain the private bedrooms. Meanwhile a new extension off...
- Korean Artist Transforms a Greenhouse Into a Kaleidoscopic Rainbow Palace
This elaborate installation is housed in a nineteenth century greenhouse in Madrid that normally holds a collection of plants originating from the Philippines...
- The Luxembourg House is Richard Meier & Partners’ Most Sustainable Residence Yet
The Luxembourg House is tucked into a hillside in a rural area with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Oriented to take advantage of solar gain, the home faces south, but is properly shielded from overheating. The home is L-shaped, and private
- An Old, Battered Calgary Garage is Transformed into a Greenhouse
Last autumn, a Calgary couple decided that their 1959 cinder block garage either had to go, or they had to put a new roof on it. The roofer quotes were insane, so instead of building a new garage, they decided to cover it with a corrugated polycarbonate...
- Living Green “Lost in Paris” House is Completely Enveloped by Plants
Can't decide on a green roof or a vertical garden? No problem, just do both! R&Sie Architects designed the aptly-named 'Lost in Paris' house for an 'urban witch' who feeds the house through 300 glass-blown pods...
- Solar-Powered Bragg Hill Barn-Inspired Home Was Built to Last Several Generations in Rural Pennsylvania
When Barney and Nancy Leonard decided to move out of Philadelphia to Chester County and build a new home, they knew the home would be super sustainable. They hired Matthew Moger of Moger Mehrhof Architects along with sustainability consultants Sustainable
- Low-Carbon Limpley Stoke Eco-House is Packed With Green Building Strategies
Hewitt Studios recently completed the Eco-House in Limpley Stoke Valley using local and low-carbon materials. Locally-sourced straw bale wall panels offer breathable carbon negative insulation. Carbon sequestering FSC-certified timber was used as the...
Related Tags: building, esdSearch the Web for Green House
What is green house?
green house definition.
About green house.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.