clean energy, definition of
- Clean Energy
- News & Blog articles where 'clean energy' used:
- BP to reduce oil, gas production by 40% to focus on clean energy
London-based energy company BP has announced plans to reduce its oil and gas production by 40% and invest $5 billion dollars into clean energy strategies by 2030...
- IceWind demos new residential wind turbine in Texas
Residential micro wind turbines may one day become a popular way for people to produce their own power at home. Over the Fourth of July weekend, folks in Port Aransas Beach, Texas will be able to see a new Icelandic turbine in action during a special...
- Hydropower demand is damaging Indigenous lands
Many U.S. states are setting renewable energy goals, turning to hydropower as a cheap source of cleaner energy. But for Inuit hunters in far eastern Canada, Americans’ demand for cheap, renewable energy, particularly in the form of hydropower, is ruining...
- New technology could harness energy from trees
A new technology that draws power from trees brings a new dimension to the sustainable energy conversation. New research shows that drawing energy from trees could help power future cities. By converting tree movements into energy, anemokinetics technology...
- Sweden and Austria close their last coal plants
Europe just gained its second and third coal-free countries. Sweden and Austria have both shut their last coal-fired plants in late April, joining Belgium in going coal-free in favor of renewable energy sources.[...]
- Hydroelectric art gallery will generate enough wave power to be 100% self-sustaining
London-based architect Margot Krasojevic has just unveiled a futuristic art gallery that runs on hydroelectric power. Slated for the coastal Russian region of Sochi, the Hydroelectric Sculpture Gallery will harness enough wave energy to not only be 100%...
- Jimmy Carter's solar plant powers half his Georgia hometown
Half of Plains, Georgia’s energy comes from solar panels, thanks to former President — and former farmer — Jimmy Carter. Since installing a solar plant on his former farm in 2017, Carter's nearly 4,000 solar panels have kept the lights on for many...
- 1920s building in Buenos Aires becomes a gorgeous, solar-powered residence
Buenos Aires is known for its beautiful architecture, but retaining the city's historic character while breathing life into its abandoned buildings is often challenging...
- A rundown 1960s structure is converted into a stunning home that operates almost entirely off the grid
Los Angeles-based AUX Architecture has unveiled an amazing transformation of a 1960s home in Calabasas, California. Once a tract home, the Saddle Peak Residence is now a contemporary, light-filled space that has been equipped with several energy-efficient...
- Fukushima on track to become a renewable energy hub
In hopes of reinventing its image, new life is breathing into Fukushima, the Japanese northeastern prefecture that was devastated by a 2011 tsunami and consequent nuclear power plant meltdown...
Related Tags: energy, power, environmentSearch the Web for Clean Energy
What is clean energy?
clean energy definition.
About clean energy.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.