clean energy, definition of
- Clean Energy
Clean Energy is energy which is produced without a negative impact on the environment. Essentially it is neutral in its production of pollution and its consumption of resources.News & Blog articles where 'clean energy' used:
- Hydroelectric art gallery will generate enough wave power to be 100% self-sustaining
London-based architect Margot Krasojevic has just unveiled a futuristic art gallery that runs on hydroelectric power. Slated for the coastal Russian region of Sochi, the Hydroelectric Sculpture Gallery will harness enough wave energy to not only be 100%...
- Jimmy Carter's solar plant powers half his Georgia hometown
Half of Plains, Georgia’s energy comes from solar panels, thanks to former President — and former farmer — Jimmy Carter. Since installing a solar plant on his former farm in 2017, Carter's nearly 4,000 solar panels have kept the lights on for many...
- 1920s building in Buenos Aires becomes a gorgeous, solar-powered residence
Buenos Aires is known for its beautiful architecture, but retaining the city's historic character while breathing life into its abandoned buildings is often challenging...
- A rundown 1960s structure is converted into a stunning home that operates almost entirely off the grid
Los Angeles-based AUX Architecture has unveiled an amazing transformation of a 1960s home in Calabasas, California. Once a tract home, the Saddle Peak Residence is now a contemporary, light-filled space that has been equipped with several energy-efficient...
- Fukushima on track to become a renewable energy hub
In hopes of reinventing its image, new life is breathing into Fukushima, the Japanese northeastern prefecture that was devastated by a 2011 tsunami and consequent nuclear power plant meltdown...
- Global renewable energy is projected to rise by 50% in the next 5 years, IEA finds
The International Energy Agency (IEA) recently released its Renewables 2019 market forecast, detailing analysis on renewable energy and technologies. In the report, industry trends show that the world’s total renewable-based power capacity will grow...
- EEA reports poor air quality caused premature deaths of 400,000 Europeans in 2016
Coal-fired power plants, vehicle-clogged highways and fossil-fuel spewing factories have contributed to the growing European air pollution dilemma. Industries, households and vehicles all emit dangerous pollutants that are harmful to human health. Indeed,...
- Old power station in Berlin is converted into off-grid arts center that runs on energy generated by woodchips
The former industrial town of Luckenwalde now has a beautiful new arts center that not only aims to bring a little vibrancy back to the German region, but a whole lot of sustainability...
- 2019 State Energy Efficiency Scorecard reveals leading states in clean energy adoption
Just in time for the annual celebration of Energy Efficiency Day, the nonprofit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) has released its 2019 State Energy Efficiency Scorecard...
- Amazon’s ‘climate pledge’ commits to net zero carbon emissions by 2040 and 100% renewables by 2030
In Washington today, Amazon announced a series of initiatives and issued a call for companies to reduce their carbon emissions 10 years ahead of the goals set forth in the Paris Agreement as part of a sweeping effort to reduce its own environmental footprint...
Related Tags: energy, power, environmentSearch the Web for Clean Energy
What is clean energy?
clean energy definition.
About clean energy.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.