Methane, definition of
- EcoWho Articles where 'Methane' used:EcoWho blog posts where 'Methane' used:News & Blog articles where 'Methane' used:
Search the Web for Methane
- New Study: Climate Impact Of Grazing Cattle Overestimated
From The Global Warming Policy Foundation Date: 05/06/20 Dr David Whitehouse, GWPF Science Editor The climate impact of grass-fed cattle may have been exaggerated as scientists find emissions of a powerful greenhouse gas from certain types of pasture...
- New 3D view of methane tracks sources
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center NASA’s new 3-dimensional portrait of methane concentrations shows the world’s second largest contributor to greenhouse warming, the diversity of sources on the ground, and the behavior of the gas as it moves...
- Methane emitted by humans vastly underestimated, researchers find
University of Rochester Methane is a powerful greenhouse gas and large contributor to global warming. Methane emissions to the atmosphere have increased by approximately 150 percent over the past three centuries, but it has been difficult for researchers...
- NASA Flights Detect Millions of Arctic Methane Hotspots
From NASA Feature | February 18, 2020 The image shows a thermokarst lake in Alaska. Thermokarst lakes form in the Arctic when permafrost thaws. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech By Esprit Smith, NASA’s Earth Science News Team The Arctic is one of the...
What is Methane?
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.