Environmental Pollution, definition of
- Environmental Pollution
Environmental Pollution refers to the presence or introduction of known pollutants into an environment that result in a degrading of the environmental biosphere in terms of size, variety and longevity/sustainability.
In particular such pollution tends to stay within an environment for an extended period of time (many years) without specific steps to reduce or remove it. In essence the natural ability of the environment to 'clean itself' is unable to cope with the pollution and significant damage results.
Examples of such pollution includes (but not limited to):
EcoWho Articles where 'Environmental Pollution' used:EcoWho blog posts where 'Environmental Pollution' used:
- Fertilizer runoff - where fertilizer escapes from farmed land into wild environments and modifies the native/weed balance.
- Pesticides residue - pesticides can make their way into the food chain and become concentrated.
- Heavy metals/plastics - again can be concentrated in the food chain and have an adverse effect on longevity and reproduction.
- Tailing spills - mining bi-products leaching.
- Waste dump leaching - not properly isolated from the water table or illegal dumping.
A key aspect of such pollution is that it tends to accumulative and can be multi-factored, in that one act of pollution can cause a chain reaction that degrades multiple biospheres over time. Also such pollution can be readily attributed to a specific pollution act or occurrence, e.g. there is a clear provable chain of cause and effect.
News & Blog articles where 'Environmental Pollution' used:
- Stop Coal Seam Gas...
Seems now that we should stop coal seam gas, what are the pros and cons?
- Why Carbon Tax?
Why do we want a Carbon Tax in Australia, this is a good question we will attempt to answer...
- Julia Gillard's Carbon Tax protest at Canberra
Tomorrow in Canberra the Election Now No Carbon Tax Rally will do its thing...
- Carbon Tax Pros and Cons
We look at the Pros and Cons of the Carbon Tax...
- The incredible shrinking carbon tax...
Carbon tax is to be paid by even less industry, whilst in the US the Chicago Climate Exchange is finally put out of our misery..
- What is Carbon Pollution
Carbon pollution, what is it?
- SpongeBob caught up selling Global Warming in schools
Yep, its true, even good old little SpongeBob SquarePants is in on the act.. See the video below..
- Carbon Tax Convoy of No Confidence on its way to Canberra
Want to be part of something Historic? Don't want to see Australia have a Carbon Tax? Read on...
- Keeping warm this Winter, the eco friendly way
Tips on how to keep warm this Winter without breaking the bank or harming the environment.
- Home Ventilation
Ventilating your home is important for your health and well being.
- What is weather and climate?
What is the difference between weather and climate? We answer this question.
- What is climate change?
We answer the question: what is climate change?
- Vaclav Klaus, President of the Czech Republic addresses the National Press Club
The National Press Club Address in full by President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klaus: “The mass delusion of climate change”
- Window insulating trick
Would just like to report a little trick we found out that dramatically improves window insulation qualities for little cost..
- Lord Monckton vs Richard Denniss at National Press Club
A very interesting discussion between Lord Monckton and Richard Denniss showing the divide in logical reasoning between the well informed skeptics and the vague warmists. Worth watching.
- Carbon rap - even the young realise Climate Change is a fraud
Good video explaining what is really going on with Climate Change
- Carbon Tax environmental train wreck
The carbon tax in Australia is going to do zip to improve the environment.
- The Dead Carbon Tax Sketch
Based on the classic Dead Parrot Sketch, enjoy!
- Mold Prevention
Mold prevention, great new article
- Atmospheric carbon, man made Co2 measurement problems
The 'man-made' carbon dioxide signature in the atmosphere is not as precise as it is being presented...
- Carbon Tax does not work
Carbon Tax has been shown in the US to be totally ineffective; we compare against the situation with Carbon Tax in Australia.
- Free Green Dictionary App updated
The Free Green Dictionary App has now been updated.
- Green Dictionary App available for Free
We have taken the definitions off the Ecowho.com online dictionary and made them available for free in a standalone Android app.
- Property Assess App for buying or renting property released.
We have just completed an application that will assist you with the process of considering properties for sale or to rent. It should take away much of the stress with keep track of notes, photos and key details.
- Cancun Cloud Feedback problems
It appears that a 'weak' paper has been published supporting the IPCC cloud feedback models to coincide with the last day of Cancun.. hmm..
- Climate models are just wrong..
In a recent paper climate models were hindcast tested against actual surface observations, and found to be seriously lacking if not totally useless... We provide some more background detail.
- 2010 the warmest ever; we think not
The UN's WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) is saying 2010 will be warmest ever... The evidence does not back up the claim
- Will Kyoto fall on its own sword?
It looks like Japan will stop Kyoto being extended and put a big cloud over Cancun.
- Climatic Models incomplete - poor understanding of mid level clouds cited
Clouds play a major role in the climate-change equation, but they are the least-understood variable in the sky, observes a Texas A&M University geoscientist, who says mid-level clouds are especially understudied.
- Indonesia to cut down rainforests for $1Bn climate aid
Indonesia plans to class large areas of its remaining natural forests as "degraded" in order to cut them down and receive nearly $1bn of climate aid for replanting them with palm trees and biofuel crops.
- Technology uses banana leaves as a biodegradable alternative to single-use plastic
Plastic pollution negatively impacts the health of our planet. Waste management has led to an irreversible environmental crisis that is felt by wildlife, especially in the oceans. One organization, called Banana Leaf Technology, is helping to address...
- The devastating reason Mumbai dogs are turning blue
Lately, blue stray dogs have been spotted running around Navi Mumbai, India, and it's no laughing matter. Inadequate waste treatment at a local river has allowed dye to leach into the water, turning dogs who wade in a bright blue color. To add to the...
- Damage report reveals LA methane leak is one of the worst disasters in US history
A week after the ruptured natural gas well in Aliso Canyon was finally declared sealed, we have a full account of the environmental damage -- and it doesn't look good...
- Researchers Take an Up-Close and Personal Look at What Pollution Does to the Body
Air pollution is one of those things that we know is awful for our bodies, but it can be hard to see the actual impact. So even though about 3.7 million people died prematurely from air pollution in 2012 alone, it’s easy to forget day-to-day just how...
Related Tags: environment, pollutionSearch the Web for Environmental Pollution
What is Environmental Pollution?
Environmental Pollution definition.
About Environmental Pollution.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.