ipcc, definition of
(UN) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.EcoWho Articles where 'ipcc' used:EcoWho blog posts where 'ipcc' used:
- Climate Council, represents who?
The Climate Commission is being reformed as the Climate Council, we ask who do they represent and what is their funding model?
- Shale Oil in South Australia, problem or opportunity?
Potentially massive amounts of shale oil exist in South Australia, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
- Extreme weather not related to Climate Change says IPCC
In a rather surprising report from the IPCC they play down the link between extreme weather and Climate Change...
- IPCC must reform, recommends IAC
An independent review said the scientists who produce the periodic United Nations reports on climate change (IPCC) should be more open to alternative views, more transparent about their own possible conflicts of interest and more realistic in the reporting of the likelihood of climatic events.
- Call for tighter review of IPCC data
Prof Jean Palutikof, who spent 5 years at the British Met Office preparing the UN report, Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, admitted the existing system was flawed because "quite a lot" of information had not been peer-reviewed by independent scientists before publication.
- IPCC conclusions fail under legal cross examination
A cross examination of global warming science conducted by the University of Pennsylvania’s Institute for Law and Economics has concluded that virtually every claim advanced by global warming proponents fails to stand up to scrutiny.
- Time to comment on the IPCC
The IPCC is awaiting your feedback, tell it as it is...
- Global Warmings unscientific method
Peer review seems to be more about peer pressure when trying to publish anything that goes against the Global Warming group think.
- Australian Bureau of Meterology tweaking the climatic data?
Its seems that the Australian Bureau of Meteorology might have been tweaking the data a bit to show false warming..
- Climategate Parliamentary Inquiry in the UK, the whitewash results are in
The parliamentary inquiry into ClimateGate has just published its report, we have a look.
- heathrow expansion stopped due to climate change?
It appears that a UK judge seems to have swallowed hook line and sinker the 'settled science' of climate change and stopped Heathrow from being expanded..
- Green Environment Blog Network - a closed blog ring?
It appears that the Guardian and sites like realclimate.org have been engaging in closed content sharing ring..
- Earth Hour - the flop?
Although Earth Hour left people with a nice warm glow, did it actually make a difference...
- Climate Change caused an island, erm sand bar to disappear..
"Climate change sunk my sandbar..." hmm
- Earth Hour - lights out, minds alight
On March 27th, 115 countries will put their lights out for one hour. We discuss what this means and what you should do long term to help the environment.
- Missing, one weather station
It seems Australia is having a bit of a problem with missing weather stations.
- WWF's Amazon carbon trading cash cow
It appears the World Wildlife Fund could be on its way to securing up to $60 billion in carbon credits from 'saving' the Amazon - more like 'cashing in' on the Amazon if you ask me..
- Costs overruns for school buildings
It appears that the Australian school building program is having its fair share of 'cost overruns'..
- Climate Rage
Climate Rage - don't get mad - get even.
- The Green Web Directory is Online
Our Green Directory is up and running
- Solar Power - hidden costs
Solar power is all the rage at the moment, we had a look at some quotes and found it is not as good a deal as it looks.
- Climate Change killed my cat..
It seems that everything from Floods through to Fires through to droughts is being blamed on global warming and climate change. I think this is oversimplifying the story and ignoring local changes we have caused.
- Is keeping data private 'normal practise' in climate research?
It seems Phil Jones thinks its perfectly normal to do research and publish said research whilst withholding data.
- Yet another Climate Change department?
Seems the AU government are busy producing yet more Co2 via civil servants for climate change.
- Act on Co2 - the advert..
Ofcom in the UK is investigating a climate change advert which really takes things too far.
- Met Office proposes to make Data Set Verifiable
The UK Met Office want to put in place a collation of station data that is publicly accessible.
- Cover-More, you drink and its cover-less..
If you have Cover-More insurance, don't travel and do any drinking if you want to remain insured - thats the finding of a recent Today Tonight special.
- Is ETS a lame duck?
The Emissions Trading Scheme looks to be stuck in the Senate. Does this mean it will fail?
- A failure to insulate
It appears the Rudd governments insulation rebate scheme is beyond repair...
- Climate Change bullies?
Climate Change Scientists seem to believe they are being bulled...
- Sydney transport - oh what a fine mess!
Yet more politically motivated tweaking of the Sydney transport system..
- National Climate Change Forum response
This is in response to the National Climate Change Forum being held in Adelaide.
- What is the fuss with biochar??
Given the sudden interest in the media on biochar one would think a way of really saving the world has been discovered...
- Bush Fires and being Green, can you do both?
Given that bush fires cause a lot of destruction and environmental damage, can we manage them and be green at the same time?
- Is the Australian Stimulus package green enough?
Related Tags: climategate, climate change, global warmingSearch the Web for IPCC
What is ipcc?
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.