Landfill, definition of
Land waste disposal site in which waste is generally spread in thin layers, compacted, and covered with a fresh layer of soil each day.EcoWho Articles where 'Landfill' used:
EcoWho blog posts where 'Landfill' used:News & Blog articles where 'Landfill' used:
- Low Allergen Building Design
Low allergen design is a whole building approach that aims to reduce and avoid all known allergens, and to minimize the conditions in which they occur. This article shows you how.
- Top Ten Going Green Tips & Tricks
Top ten green tips and tricks you can do to be Green and more Eco friendly in your day to day life.
Search the Web for Landfill
- The Dawn Of The E-Vehicle Battery Environmental Disaster …Discarded Even Sooner Than Expected
“We would never have imagined the quantities that would accumulate after such a short time,” says Schmidt. His company alone and competitor Duesenfeld, both of which specialize in recycling car batteries, are recycling more than 4,000 tons of batteries...
- Used face masks could be repurposed for making roads
A recent study published in the journal Science of The Total Environment has revealed that discarded, single-use face masks could be used to make stronger, cheaper roads...
- Green Box: a hotel amenity kit made of compostable plastic
Designed to help tackle plastic waste in the hospitality industry, the Green Box is a circular hotel amenities kit full of bathroom items made from compostable plastic...
- Greyparrot bags $2.2M seed to scale its AI for waste management
London-based Greyparrot, which uses computer vision AI to scale efficient processing of recycling, has bagged £1.825 million (~$2.2M) in seed funding, topping up the $1.2M in pre-seed funding it had raised previously. The latest round is led by early...
- Geothermal-powered education center anchors Louisvilles new Waterfront Botanical Gardens
A notorious old landfill in Louisville, Kentucky is being transformed into the new Waterfront Botanical Gardens, a verdant 23.5-acre site designed by architecture firm Perkins + Will. At the heart of the newly opened gardens is the 6,000-square-foot Graeser...
- How to properly and safely dispose of these 10 items in your home
Toxic chemicals, e-waste, light bulbs and batteries are just a few common household items that exit our homes and can end up in the landfill, where they may or may not break down or leach into the soil and water...
- How your salon visit contributes to your carbon footprint
As the services available at salons evolve, waste, pollution and exposure to toxins have increasingly become part of the experience. When one considers that the beauty industry creates 420,000 pounds of waste every day in America alone, it’s not difficult...
- eVolo announces winners of the 2019 Skyscraper Competition
eVolo Magazine has announced the winners of its 2019 Skyscraper Competition from a pool of 478 projects. A jury of architects and designers selected three winners and 27 honorable mentions. The annual award recognizes “visionary ideas for building [high-rise]...
- Cut plastic from your home and inspire your family to live plastic-free
Reducing plastic usage is a challenging task in today’s everything-plastic society. We all understand the importance of reducing petroleum-based emissions and the post-use waste that never really goes away, but implementing practices in your home can...
- Biodegradable tableware made from wheat bran debuts at Toronto's Green Living Show
This week, Toronto citizens learned that wheat bran is good for more than enhancing digestive regularity. An innovative Polish company displayed its disposable, biodegradable tableware made from unprocessed wheat bran at Toronto’s Green Living Show.[...]
What is Landfill?
- Landfill Gas
- News & Blog articles where 'Landfill' used:Search the Web for Landfill Gas
What is Landfill?
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.