carbon market, definition of
- Carbon Market
A Carbon Market is a market created from the trading of carbon emission allowances to encourage or help countries and companies to limit their carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. This is also known as emissions or carbon trading. Carbon emissions trading is a way of offsetting greenhouse gases produced by polluters.
Under Carbon trading, a country having more emissions of carbon is able to purchase the right to emit more and the country having less emission trades the right to emit carbon to other countries. News & Blog articles where 'carbon market' used:
- Some renewable-energy subsidies are stupidly, insanely expensive, says emissions trader
The price of carbon permits makes them useless. Governments have issued too many permits, and also put in competing programs to reduce CO2 emissions. The collective Green Gravy train is fracturing and now even frustrated carbon traders are pointing out...
- Secret deal: Australia already has an ETS – carbon tax – starts in 5 weeks
Get ready. The legislation was done on the last day Parliament sat in December. The Coalition government knew it would be popular with the voters who all want “carbon action” so they… buried the news. No cheering. No speeches.
- Bill Shorten wants a lot of new carbon taxes and to help international bankers
A gift for Turnbull, who doesn’t deserve it. Welcome to Election-2016 in Australia. We’ve done this before: Bill Shorten has promised there will be “no carbon tax under Labor”. This almost exactly mirrors the promise made by...
- The Emissions Trading Scheme monster idea is back – but the conversation is booby-trapped with fake words
It’s a tax that’s “not a tax” and a “free market” that isn’t free. Joy. An emission trading scheme (ETS) is on the agenda again in Australia. Here’s why the first priority is to clean up a crooked conversation....
- Are dead fish worth more than live person? Could be… Let’s ban fishing too.
Did you know you can change the weather by not eating deep sea fish? Me neither. But apparently fish and other marine life in the high seas contain $148 billion dollars worth of carbon dioxide. (The carbon price used, which includes mitigation costs,...
- Zombie carbon market falls 60%, revived by EU decree – media spins “soaring success”
Global Carbon Markets peaked in 2011 at €96bn euro. Over the next two years they plummeted to €36bn* euro collapsing by 60%. Though the press didn’t seem in a hurry to convey that, and if I search, no government funded agency has done a graph...
- Climate money evaporating — global carbon market down 35% in 2012 — peak carbon is in the rear view mirror
It’s just another day tracking the decline of the global warming meme.
- More signposts on the road to the post-Climate-scare world
… Not so long back, Deutsche Bank were writing 50 page reports on the science of climate change. They paid for giant 70 foot high towers of doom counting carbon emissions near Madison Square Gardens. They were so concerned about the planet they...
- South Korea Launches the Word’s Most Aggressive Carbon Market
Photo via Shutterstock South Korea has made clear their intent to become one of the world's leading warriors against climate change, and they are willing to back up their assertions with cold, hard, cash...
- Global Carbon Trading System Has “Essentially Collapsed”
When is a free market not free? When it doesn’t do what the bureaucrats wanted it to “freely do”. There is a message from this-pale-shadow-of-a-global-carbon-free-market and it’s telling us that carbon (dioxide) should be free,...
Related Tags: carbon tradingSearch the Web for Carbon Market
What is carbon market?
carbon market definition.
About carbon market.
Click on a letter to see all the terms and definitions that begin with that letter.
Android app containing all these definitions is now available, called the Green Dictionary
. Click here
to see the entry on the Android market; or click here
if on an Android phone.